Leili Marine Bioindustry held an online seminar to present the SoftGuard Product.
The seminar was attended by Dr. Wael Al-Matni and Dr. Hussein Muhammad from Iraq, Mr. Akl Al-Sayegh from Lebanon and Mr. Rani Bassil, Director of Fertilizers at Debbane Agri – Lebanon.
SoftGuard is a stimulating organic fertilizer containing 2% of Chitosan. The product is used for watering and spraying at a rate of 3L/1000L of water with the following characteristics:
• The seminar proved the importance of SoftGuard in controlling nematodes, as it contains Chitosan, which kills nematode eggs. Thus, the product reduces the number of nematodes and prevents their development beyond any damage. SoftGuard is an excellent product for light to moderate soil infestation. It is completely free of any residual effect of pesticides and is healthy and safe as well.
• SoftGuard also strengthens the roots and stimulates living organisms that are present in the soil, thus strengthening vegetation as a whole.
• SoftGuard plays an important role in combating fungal, bacterial and viral plant diseases such as apple fire blight and tomato plant virus A.
• SoftGuard increases fruit setting in seedless grapes as an alternative to synthetic hormones.
• SoftGuard increases plant resistance to tough weather factors such as frost and heat.
• SoftGuard is completely safe and healthy.
VEGAS F1 is a variety of Greyzini Hybrid Zucchini distributed exclusively in Algeria by DEBBANE AGRI. Its supplier is based in the United States "APOLLO". The VEGAS F1 variety is a very strong, open plant, which facilitates its harvest. It is cylindrical in shape, with a very good quality. The fruit ripening phase takes place during periods of cold, in a proper way. It is characterized by its high production, as the yield per greenhouse in one harvest exceeded 90 kg. This result was obtained at ZERALDA Trial Station of DEBBANE AGRI. The VEGAS F1 variety is intended for greenhouse cultivation; its planting period is in October-November in the open field; and its planting period is in March-April and May. Information concerning the VEGAS F1 variety was posted on social media and shared by several official pages of the agricultural sector, in particular by the CNIF (The National Interprofessional Committee for Vegetable Cultures( and on the Facebook page of the Ministry of Agriculture.
On 27/2/2021, Debbane for Modern Agriculture Ltd organized a field day on tomato varieties in Basrah, in the presence of the General Manager, Mr. Bassem Al Amin, and a number of engineers from Debbane. This field day was dedicated for the farmers and traders of Basrah who took a field tour to see the new and commercial varieties of tomatoes. They were given an explanation on the cultivated varieties by the Director of the Seeds Development Department, Eng. Ziad Nohman. The General Manager also made an intervention on the use of fertilizers and pesticides which are imported by the best suppliers, and explained the correct farming methods.
On 17/2/2021, Debbane for Modern Agriculture Ltd organized a field observation of protected eggplant and pepper at Baghdad station for eggplant farmers on the bassin of the Latifiyah river. The lecture was divided into two parts: the first addressed the fertilizers and pesticides and was presented by the Director of Technical Development at Debbane for Modern Agriculture Ltd, Dr. Hussein Abbas Mohamed. The second dealt with the cultivation and plantation methods of the crops and was presented by Eng. Ali Mohamed, Head of Baghdad station, and Eng. Wajih Khodeir, Senior Engineer in the region.
On 6/2/2021, Debbane for Modern Agriculture Ltd organized a promotional lecture in cooperation with its agents in Aldor region and the province, namely the Farming Office of Hajj Adnan Al-Jarad and the Office of Hajj Ali Al-Faraji known for using modern technologies for the cultivation of wheat, including with regards to fertilizers, pesticides and seeds. The lecture was attended by the Director of Agriculture in Aldor and a number of agricultural engineers, farmers and seed producers. The lecture was divided into two parts: the first addressed the fertilizers and pesticides and was presented by the Director of Technical Development at Debbane for Modern Agriculture Ltd, Dr. Hussein Abbas Mohamed. The second dealt with seeds and was presented by Eng. Ziad Nohman along with Eng. Nawfal Talal, Director of the Central Region, and Eng. Amir Safian, Senior Engineer in the region.