Leili Marine Bioindustry held an online seminar to present the SoftGuard Product.
The seminar was attended by Dr. Wael Al-Matni and Dr. Hussein Muhammad from Iraq, Mr. Akl Al-Sayegh from Lebanon and Mr. Rani Bassil, Director of Fertilizers at Debbane Agri – Lebanon.
SoftGuard is a stimulating organic fertilizer containing 2% of Chitosan. The product is used for watering and spraying at a rate of 3L/1000L of water with the following characteristics:
• The seminar proved the importance of SoftGuard in controlling nematodes, as it contains Chitosan, which kills nematode eggs. Thus, the product reduces the number of nematodes and prevents their development beyond any damage. SoftGuard is an excellent product for light to moderate soil infestation. It is completely free of any residual effect of pesticides and is healthy and safe as well.
• SoftGuard also strengthens the roots and stimulates living organisms that are present in the soil, thus strengthening vegetation as a whole.
• SoftGuard plays an important role in combating fungal, bacterial and viral plant diseases such as apple fire blight and tomato plant virus A.
• SoftGuard increases fruit setting in seedless grapes as an alternative to synthetic hormones.
• SoftGuard increases plant resistance to tough weather factors such as frost and heat.
• SoftGuard is completely safe and healthy.
This year, the seed department at Debbane Agri has introduced the NOURHANE F1 variety in Biskra in the South East of Algeria. In the past, NOURHANE F1 was intended for open field segments in the western, central, and eastern regions of the country. Its introduction in the region of Biskra in covered fields has produced excellent results, which was reflected by the good behavior of the plant, a fruit size that exceeds 3 kg, the firmness of the fruit (Absence of fruit rot), a growth cycle ranging from 60 to 65 days and its exceptional sweet and fragrant taste. Given the advantages that NOURHANE F1 has offered in greenhouses; namely the precocity and firmness, we recommend that this variety be planted in the early cycle in December in Biskra.
As part of its strategy to develop its human capital, DEAL has launched new training programs. Entitled "Mastering Sales Techniques," the first training was held in May, targeting the sales team. The main objectives of the training were understanding the main issues pertaining to customer relations, discovering the importance of each stage of a structured meeting, mastering sales meetings, learning how to explore the customer's needs, dealing with clients’ objections, and making offers. This training was also an opportunity for sharing knowledge, as a means to reinvigorate the sales team towards development and continuous improvement. These initiatives are sponsored by the company, as they bring out the best in each of its employees.
On April 14, 2022, an educational symposium was held for senior farmers of tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions in the Najaf and Karbala regions to introduce DEMA’s wide range of fertilizers, pesticides, and seeds. With the presence of the General Manager, southern sales manager, seeds manager, and engineers, this symposium was held and at the end of the symposium.
On May 11, 2022, the Debbane for Modern Agriculture Team organized a field day at its Erbil Station. The said day aimed to observe varieties of protected cucumbers, onions, wheat, and barley in the presence of a group of traders and farmers along with the DEMA team.